Recently, we engineered, built, and/or tested the following custom machines and products for our customers.Shear and Slit
The Slitter/Shear is located between the exit press uprights. It cuts steel vertically as it drops into a chute going to the scrap conveyor. Its small footprint can fit into any existing Blanking line with minimal modifications. The operation can be automatically programmed to remove the tail at the end of every coil.
Advantages of having a Slitter/Shear:
- Higher scrap value on large tails. Smaller pieces of steel can be put into the scrap conveyor instead of one large piece ran through the stacker and deposited into a tub. Smaller pieces have a larger scrap value than one large piece.
- Less belt damage to runout conveyor and stacker bridge. Bent tails can be the number one reason for cutting belts.
- Less downtime replacing cut belts.
A Slitter/Shear could also be placed in the side chutes of a press to reduce the size of the offal that is being placed into the conveyor. It could be configured into any application where it’s advantageous to have large pieces of steel cut into smaller pieces for ease of handling and higher scrap value.
Robotic Spring Assembly Machine
This machine was able to:
- Reduce labor cost
- Increase production rate
- Increase part quality
- Custom design to fit in an existing UAS Oiler envelope(http://www.ectbypalmer.com )
- Used unique ECT blade design that offers largest performance range
Vision system machine
- Handle large capacity scrap material
- Bottom drop for ease of emptying
- It can be carried by pallet lift or lifted by coil grabbed (see the photo)
- Designed to work with minimum chute length
Thin plastic Material handling machine
- Engineered and built to handle very thin (4 mil) plastic material
- The machine will feed, form, and bond the material to make disposable gloves for food industry
- It can be redesign for any other application
- Designed and Built to handle both aluminum and steel sheet on the same line
Rotating scaffolding systems
- Application for this system is to install insulation panel to the Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) tank on the ship.
- Unique to each ship design
- Tight clearance to move around in tight space
- Delivered as a turnkey system
Several Vehicle testing programs completed
- Automotive suspension system fatigue testing equipment for load and environment
- Ride evaluation test equipment for automotive on and off road ride analysis
- Class eight truck testing and load response evaluation and design for over the road tankers.
- Fatigue analysis and test development for American with Disability Act (ADA) vehicle. It included test track event design and durability routing
- Vehicle and sub-system test track event design for durability evaluations
- Design and Development for measuring engine component running deflections for new fuel efficient power plant.